Newcastle: 461a King St, Newcastle West P: 4929 3060
Maitland: 416a High St, Maitland P: 49345553
Workshops and Masterclasses
At NMA, we believe not only in giving students the best education in a one on one setting, but also giving our students the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the world in the music industry. This gives our students the chance to gain valuable insight into how some of the best musicians, artists and industry experts think, approach music and master their art.
Having insight from multiple artists and industry experts outside of your regular one on one teacher means that students are able to form their own personal style, method and opinions on music. These sorts of opportunities are usually only available through universities or prestigious colleges, however at National Music Academy our international connections to the music industry allow us to bring these opportunities into Newcastle for our students.
Past masterclasses we have hosted include:
– Michael League (USA)(Snarky Puppy – 3x Grammy Award Winners, 4x Grammy Award Nominee)
– Sarah Hamilton (Ditto Music – Digital Music Distribution and Marketing for Artists such as Royal Blood, The Backstreet Boys, Courtney Barnett, Wiley, Lady Leshurr and many more)
– Diesel (6x ARIA Award Winning Artist)
– Katie Noonan (5x ARIA Award Winning Artist)
– Renee Grant-Williams (USA)(Vocal coach to Miley Cyrus, Keith Urban, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood, The Dixie Chicks and many more)
– Andrea Valeri & Van Larkins Fingerstyle Guitar Masterclass (Italy & Australia)
We also offer workshops on specific elements of instrumental technique including introductory workshops to allow our students opportunities to constantly expand their knowledge and skill sets. Workshops we have run in the past include:
– Intro to DJing Workshop
– Musical Theatre Workshop
– Intro to Vocals
– Intro to Guitar
– Intro to Piano
– Intro to music theory
– Multiple songwriting workshops
– Concert Band workshops
– Choir workshops
We also provide workshops in schools that can be customised for your school’s needs. If you would like to have National Music Academy run workshops within your school, fill out our Schools Expression Of Interest form and one of our management team will be in touch!